Kinetic Recovery Rope System is as much for the hobbyist who explores uncharted terrain as it is for the everyday driver. And much like car insurance, you won’t appreciate it until you need it. But when you’re buried, you’ll be glad to have it stashed in your cargo area.
A must-have in any vehicle emergency kit, this solution harnesses the power of kinetic energy to smoothly recover a vehicle from embankments, snow, mud and sand. We offer two sizes: 7/8”, ideal for vehicles between 6,000 and 9,433 lbs., and 3/4”, ideal for vehicles between 4,000 and 6,333 lbs. There are also a la carte options if you choose to purchase just a rope or shackles on their own.
Kinetic energy recovery rope is the safer choice compared to tow straps, which can cause a rebound effect that may harm people or their vehicles. Its soft, lightweight shackles won’t damage vehicle recovery points like steel can, and the rope’s polymeric coating ensures a strong, watertight seal that helps prevent mold and mildew. And, unlike steel, you’ll be able to utilize the shackles in any climate or condition because they will never freeze, and remain buoyant in water.
Finally, the American-made construction of both the rope and shackles means you’re getting the highest quality, most durable rope and shackles on the market, so you can feel confident in any situation.
- Double-loop soft shackle is as strong as steel, but 6x lighter
- Stretches up to 20% during proper use
- 7/8” has a minimum tensile strength of 28,300 lbs. and vehicle weight rating of 9,433 lbs.
- 3/4” has a minimum tensile strength of 19,000 lbs. and vehicle weight rating to 6,333 lbs.
- Features an external coating that protects load bearing fibers from wear
- Will not freeze and can be used in any climate
- Remains buoyant in snow, mud, sand and water, unlike metal shackles
- Black loading mark shows you exactly where to place the load
- Durable "hard dipped" eyes at each end prevent fraying and damage
- Lightweight design makes it easy to stow and use
- Made in the USA
Which Tow Rope Package is right for your vehicle?
- Vehicle Weight = vehicle + driver and passengers + all gear and fuel. Looking at the GVWR on the door sticker will give an idea of this limit.
- MTS = Minimum Tensile Strength (Breaking Strength)
- WLL = Working Load Limit (Vehicle Weight Rating)
- Kinetic Rope = MTS/WLL ratio = 3/1